Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this while browsing the web, looking for something else:

" I was hit head on by a car that was running the cops on the wrong side on the freeway, he was estimated at speeds in excess of 125 mph and i was going my usual 80-85 and he came around a big corner and we collided head on, he was killed instantly, his passenger had both legs amputated brain damage and died a week later, and i had a shattered knee cap, and a scrape on my elbow. If I was wearing my seatbelt I would not have even shattered my knee cap, (it collided with my CB) I have the pictures of my truck and the other guys car that I can send or put on the DML website showing the rigidity of these fine trucks we have grown to love and depend on to keep us safe.?????"

Pictures of his Dakota, AFTER the impact!

This Is What Hit Him Head on

It is just amazing that this guy is still around, after being plowed into like that. Think of the impact speed, he was doing 80 - 85 and the one who hit him was doing over 125mph! Incredible. :eek:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Holy crap!!! Now that is tough to see and read, but you have a great point, it does send a message for sure, absolutely amazing he made it, even in a tough truck, somebody was watching over him. I work in dispatch for an oilfield trucking company and we have a sign by the door that reads "you are about to enter the most dangerous workplace in the world - the public highway."

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Wow.:eek: That is ugly. Its a miracle he survived. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy crap!!! Now that is tough to see and read, but you have a great point, it does send a message for sure, absolutely amazing he made it, even in a tough truck, somebody was watching over him. I work in dispatch for an oilfield trucking company and we have a sign by the door that reads "you are about to enter the most dangerous workplace in the world - the public highway."

- Cajun
Yeah, I have heard that one and it IS so true. The others around us, can be our worst enemy out there on the hwy.

Wow.:eek: That is ugly. Its a micacle he survived. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, It DEFINITELY was a Miracle, he WAS being looked after from above. I could not believe what I was seeing! Imagine the impact! :eek:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow!!!!! It never ceases to amaze me when people walk away from crashes like this!

Isn't that the truth! The occupants of the car, weren't so fortunate. Open the car up like using a can opener. I'd heard that Chrysler was making the passenger area alot stronger and having the rest of the vehicle collapsible, to help accomplish that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts