Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So here is my problem. A couple of months ago i had a really bad coolant leak which I thought was coming from a blown head gasket. Turned out to be the freeze out plugs
So besides that I bought new plugs, wires, distributor cap, oil pump and screen, rear main seal, all new gaskets, new crank shaft sensor. Throttle position sensor, and new motor mounts. I also painted the block since I had it out. Now for the problem. Every time I start it up if I don't play with the gas pedal it dies. I checked for vacuum leaks, fuel injectors and the screw that adjust the throttle cable. If I have the throttle up it will stay running at about 2k rpms but die if I put it in gear or if I get it in gear and put it in park. I did all this with the help of a master mechanic. I'm pretty green on working on cars. Please help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Idle Air Control ?? Replaced mine and my idle problems all went away and it purrs like a kitten at 600rpm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also, it sounds like you may have installed the Throttle Positioning sensor the wrong way. I did the same thing and I would start it up and it would rev to 2k RPM and stay there. I took it back out and put it back in the right way and BOOM. Perfection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced both sensors and double checked the tips. It does seem to idle a little better but the rpm's still fluctuate and it still dies when I put it in gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts