Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres my deal. if all goes well i should pick up my dakota this saturday. i dont know the first thing about these little trucks so if anybody has any input, good or bad, please let it out.
i was originally looking for a ram but quickly learned i couldnt afford the one i wanted so opted for the dakota. i figure to drive it for 3 or 4 years and then trade up.
so i made a deal on a 2002 quad cab. it has the V6 with 86k. not 100% sure which package it has. while it certainly isnt overpowered it isnt quite underpowered either. it seems to run well.
is there anything i should know about this truck?
comments? advice? warnings?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd start by having a look at any service records you might get with it. If there are none, you'll want to have the condition and level of all the fluids checked. Next, I'd pull a plug or two and see what they look like. If the fron't tires look like they might not be wearing even, have the alignment checked. Also make sure the brakes are in good condition. More or less what you want to do is make sure all the maintainence is up to date.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll say it again because it's such a good deal, you will really enjoy that Dakota!!! Welcome to the DakotaForumZ!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome!! and I wouldn't necessarily call these trucks "little". you will be pleasantly surprised by what they can do!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the Z! Sound like my story wanted a Ram when I got my license couldnt afford one so I bought my dad Dak (now I can afford my Ram) you should enjoy the baby Ram I know I enjoyed mine!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Got any Pics???

There are a lot of talented people on this site, so if you have questions feel free to ask, and I am sure someone will be able to help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all. no, no pictures yet. i'll probably snap a few while it still looks clean because i dont really believe in a clean truck.
everybody stand by because i'll most likely have quite a few questions.
and yes, it's not really all that little. all it really needs is a tonneau cover and a jets sticker and i'm ready to rock.
actually, as long as we're all here i'll start with the questions.

it has ventvisors on all 4 windows and i cant stand them. is there an easy way to remove them?
thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the Dakota Z, great to have you! Congrats on your truck, definitely want to see some pics! Look forward to talking to you and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts