Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I start my truck (2005 4.7l V8) in the morning, I have normal power. If I go to somewhere for a little while like the store and then turn my truck back on; I have serious loss of power in my low end. I've already changed PCV valve and many sensors. I have no damn clue why this keeps happening. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
May help to know what year, which motor, and "many sensors" - which ones?

Tune up recently?

What state are the O2s in?

RwP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 4.7l V8. O2 sensors, I'm not sure. When I check my codes, i get random injector errors. They are not typically the same. Also MAP sensor issues but I have changed the MAP sensor and its connector. Also have checked the connections with a multimeter

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the same truck. How old is the battery? Just because it cranks and turns over, doesn't mean it doesn't need replaced. I say that because the Gen 3 Dakota PCM takes every available voltage/amp to run properly. Look at the temp gauge, when you restart it hot. You won't get a dummy hot light till the engine starts smoking. Since your codes are random & not consistent, I'd reset the PCM before I even restarted it. (Disconnect the negative terminal for a couple minutes then reconnect) See what that does. My suspicion is mainly the PCM. They seem to only work for about 7 years on Gen 3 Dakotas. Although, it could be something as simple as a coolant flush & refill.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. Ok thank you. I'll try the battery tmrw. It's been over 3 yrs for it. Otherwise I have no idea
When I restart it, it looks normal. 8th in below half way.

The engine doesn't smoke and I've reset the battery like 20 times.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So it's probably not a heat problem. Try the battery, 4 years & they need replaced. Otherwise, keep track of the codes, could be a multitude of things. PCM is something you should keep in the back of your mind. But don't buy it from Chrysler, find a refurbished one on the Internet if you go that route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts