Dakota Forumz banner

Injector voltage..

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  RalphP 
#1 ·
Hey y'all.. have an 04 dakota with the 3.7.... Started missing.. and after a set of plugs, some new injectors and coils, have determined the issue is voltage for injector on # 2 cyl. All others cycle 0.5 to 1.5 approx.. while #2 is up around 13.8 14. 4.. anyone know why? Thanks folks

#7 ·
If it turns out to be your PCM, last summer I sent mine '03 RT with a 5.9) out to a place in Tilden, Il. called SIA Electronics. I can't remember what the final damage was, but it didn't break the bank. I was having 0 voltage from the trigger wire to the coil at the time. I've been good ever since.

#8 ·
Hey I know it's been over a year since this thread but I am having the same issue with 2000 2wd 2.5 liter dakota miss fire in cyl 2. Volt meter is reading 13 to 14 volts on both sides of plug only on that one. When I checked it at the computer idk if I did it right or not but when running it reads 13v. Did you ever figure out if it was a connection in the wire or did it end up being the pcm? I looked thru my harness a little bit and it seems like there is a pinch but just trying to figure out more info before I have to really dig in it to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.