Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 quad cab .3.9 . My fuel pump just started running constantly . Is flooding my engine and oil pan ... injectors are ticking after key on . ..new fuel pump work great two weeks ago . Changed IAC .wires plugs .changed cam sensor ....if I pull out the fuel relay then it will just start with perseverance . But buck an backfire popping. Soon as I put relay back in it floods out . Going nuts here trying to figure this out ...no codes are up .... could it be a bad regulator ????? What stops the fuel from just pouring in the system ? Any help would be TREMENDOUS ..thanks .

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think Ralph P gave you the answer on your previous thread on this same problem. If the injectors are firing continuously with the key on and the engine not turning over, you have a problem with the ECU/PCM. Each injector should only fire once every two revolutions of the engine, based on the signal from the cam sensor/reluctor in the distributor to the ECU. If they are firing when the engine is not even turning over, you're just dumping raw gasoline into all the cylinders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts