Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my SXT for 20,000 plus miles and a couple of years. The std tranny and lack of bells and whistles appealed to me. First road trip pulling the 2000 lb trailer taught me several things about the truck. It's about 20 horse power short of doing a good job. It does not like pulling up hill in 5th. And a cruse control would be nice. I tried ordering a control but found it is not as simple as one may like. I spoke with several people and believe there is a correct kit. Due to on going running issues the cruise project has been on the back shelf. As the last of the parts show up for a complete engine rebuild and up grade I suspect to clear the running issue and return to needing a cruise. Anyone install a cruise and have any info as to the kit or issues? Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Steve,

I did this to my truck. All it took was a visit to my local pick and pull. You need the servo and related lines found on the right front fender. And you need the steering wheel switches. I believe I have a spare set of these and would be glad to send them to you.. I also took the donar vehicle PCM and CTM so I didnt have to do any programing to get the dash indicator light working. The bonus was all the wiring to do the swap should already be on your truck. Super easy!

Your friend David

·
Registered
45 Posts
PS... if you can wait until I do my HEMI swap Ill have everythimg you need left over. I dont believe I'll be able to use it after the swap.
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts