Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my truck will perform decently and other times once it's good and warmed up it acts like it dies while going down the road then kicks back in again and starts missing occasionally etc. It also consumes alot of gas just going from point A to point B. I recently changed the thermostat and noticed the coolant was really dirty looking so I'm running straight water in it at the moment until I can figure out what the heck. I've heard of people changing out their plenum pan and gasket but never found out why they felt the need to do that. I have a 99 5.2 with 158,000 miles on it. Oh and I've replaced damn near every sensor that can be replaced as well as the coil,fuel pump,and distributor cap, new heavy duty plug wires, rotor, plugs, filters etc. Before I go the route of breaking an intake bolt and having to deal with that in the process I want to find out for sure if there's a chance it could be an intake leak

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've heard of people changing out their plenum pan and gasket but never found out why they felt the need to do that.
The vacuum leak caused by the blown gasket. The oil consumption that fouls plugs and O2s and kills catalytic converters (and costs you money!) The fact that a blown plenum gasket will make a truck run like tee total shit.

I don't know how you've missed that ...

RwP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool! Yes the truck runs like tee total shit sometimes others it takes a little time to start acting up. I couldn't figure out maybe if it is indeed an intake leak or maybe a computer malfunction. I had read about someone sending in their computer to SIA electronics and that fixed their problems similar to mine. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts