Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a parking brake release handle for a 1990 Dakota Extend Cab LE and the rear center sliding window latch assembly. Found a Jeep parking brake handle on eBay but I'm not sure if it will be the same thread to screw it on. Thanks very much for any help finding these rare parts.
1599155300758.png

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It's not threaded; it's pushed on or molded on.

(Yes, you see ridges. Those are the lips to help hold the handle on.)

The rear center latch assembly - I've not found the glue on one, just some that would require someone who knows what they're doing to drill holes in the glass (!!!)

RwP

·
Registered
5 Posts
I could have a look at the local Pick n Pulls for you if I happen to be there. Will parts from any 1st gen Dakota work? There are currently about 7 or 8 locally.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I could have a look at the local Pick n Pulls for you if I happen to be there. Will parts from any 1st gen Dakota work? There are currently about 7 or 8 locally.
Where are you located?
Any 1st Gen Extended Cab for the most part. The parts mentioned should work off any 1st Gen, not being specific to the Extended Cab.

There's been some minor changes, but most are easy to handle.

(Minor as in color choices, might have to drill a hole for the mounting screw, etc.)

RwP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not threaded; it's pushed on or molded on.

(Yes, you see ridges. Those are the lips to help hold the handle on.)

The rear center latch assembly - I've not found the glue on one, just some that would require someone who knows what they're doing to drill holes in the glass (!!!)

RwP
Thank you Ralph. I need the glue-on latch. Gregg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located?
Coquitlam, outside Vancouver. I have checked the yards here and no one has much of anything left they can find of their wrecked Dakotas. Shame. It is still a great truck. If you remember the next time you are in one of the yards that has some 1st Gen. Dakotas mine is a 1990. I'm not sure how the Brake release handle is attached. Another Forum member told me they might be molded onto the cable and that would suck. I can always McGyver a handle but that rear window latch assembly is the one thing I really need. And it has to be the glue-on type Kevin. If you find the parts drop me a note I I can arrange to have them shipped from the yard. Thanks very much for responding. Gregg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Every Dakota here still had the parking brake handle, though I didn't look to see how it is attached. I think I saw at least one sliding window latch. I'll see if I can retrieve it. It won't be for at least a couple of weeks, as I will be in BC this weekend, heading possibly as far as the Okanagan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts