Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what happened:

Well, I was needing to get a "Cherry Picker" to pull the engine/trans out of the Dakota I am working on AND to set the 440/727 TF in there too. So, I was going to go to Harbor Freight and pick up one of those folding 1 ton models today. I called to check it out and make sure they had one, before I left Greenwood to go get one. After all, with the nice weather, I had been outside trying to get my place looking like someone actually lived there, who cared how it looked. Anyway, the guy at Harbor Freight said, "oh yes, we have some of that model, no problem. It comes in three boxes and will fit in your car, so you don't need to bring your trailer (I had also inquired about that)." So, I left home and went up there. They were having a big Sidewalk Sale and pretty busy. I also picked up one of those leveling devises as well and went to the cashier to get a crane brought up, so I could check out and be on my way. I waited patiently while the young man went to the back to get one. Well, he came back up, empty handed and told me and the cashier that there was 1 box back there. They talked and she convinced him to go back and make sure. Now, our store isn't THAT big! Anyway, he went back there and once again came back empty handed. I bought the leveling device and LEFT I was not given any explanation as to why I was told they had them nor was I told when they expected to have any more in. It's the 1st time I have EVER had a problem like that. I was pretty irritated, to say the least. I had fully expected to pick one up, get it home, get it together and be prepared to pull the eng/trans OUT of that Dakota. Not a Happy Camper!
Oh well, Just wanted to get that off my chest.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks. Do ou have a sears near you?
Yeah, in Fort Smith (maybe 30 minutes away). I hadn't checked there, because of the usually price difference. Maybe I'll at least look. Springdale has a Harbor Freight and is about 1 1/2 hrs away. You've come up with some pretty good stuff for me on the Dakota build, what ya got in mind?

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Oh that is maddening!!!! Nothing like a wasted trip!! :(
Springdale is about the same distance for me....I could go spy on ya!! :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh that is maddening!!!! Nothing like a wasted trip!! :(
Springdale is about the same distance for me....I could go spy on ya!! :)

Ha! Ha! Spy away Stacy. Yeah, IF that guy would have been a good sort, he would have made sure about what there was on hand. Not good customer relations, that's for sure. :rolleyes: If I DO head to Springdale, I'll give ya a shout, be cool to put a face to a name. At this point, I'm not sure how it's gonna turn out.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe we could do lunch? AQ Chicken would good!

Let me see what I can do, Either Tuesday or Thursday, I'm going to Sallisaw, Oklahoma to get some parts for my Dakota build. I'll see what I can do. It WOULD be cool to meet up. That's something that the Forumz members have over a number of the others, there are times that we can actually meet others face to face and I'm thankful for that. ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
hate that for ya Bill. had that happen to us at a Big Lots, bought a living room set on a Friday and when i went to get it on Monday, they sold one of the pieces to someone else. even after they told me it had my name on it and sales order. had to get my money back for that one piece and drive to a Big Lots farther away to buy it again. they wouldn't just let me take my receipt and go pick it up or ship it to the store closer to me

what the heck happened to Customer Service anyway??

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hate that for ya Bill. had that happen to us at a Big Lots, bought a living room set on a Friday and when i went to get it on Monday, they sold one of the pieces to someone else. even after they told me it had my name on it and sales order. had to get my money back for that one piece and drive to a Big Lots farther away to buy it again. they wouldn't just let me take my receipt and go pick it up or ship it to the store closer to me

what the heck happened to Customer Service anyway??

Sounds like MY kind of luck, Jerry. :rolleyes: Now days, I think they spell Customer Service "Oops, Sorry!" With Wal Mart, if YOUR particular store dosen't have an item, for whatever reason, you can go online, order it, pay for it and have it shipped to the one nearest YOU, with NO shipping cost. I thought Harbor Freight might do that as well, but no. It hasn't worked out so bad though. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts