Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 02 second gen project truck I'm fiddling with. I have 1" leveling spacers on the way for the front, but now I'm considering a small 1" body lift, just enough to make it sit a little higher without having to mess with bumpers or anything. My question is, will I screw anything up by putting both 1" leveling spacers and a 1" body lift? It's a RWD so that simplifies some things I know, but will it put excessive wear on anything?

If not, anybody got lift recommendations?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, you can combine a leveling kit with a body lift...but you will need to mess with the bumpers. A quality body lift should come with relocation brackets for the bumpers

Ed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks! I didn't know they came with those brackets, the old Chevy I had with a body lift (that the previous owner had put on) the bumpers weren't moved and it looked pretty bad haha. In that case, I may as well go with a 2 or 3 inch.... 😂

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't know how old your 'old Chevy' was, but many of the older 70s and 80s trucks didn't look awful with a gap between the body and bumper. We used to just stick a piece of diamond plate aluminum to fill in the gap, if it bothered us that much. With newer trucks, the bumper is more integrated into the design (mostly for aerodynamics) so a gap is much more obvious and not quite as easy to fill in. The brackets are really easy to install, but if you're going with 2 or 3 inches of body lift, keep in mind that with the bigger body lift, there will be more to mess with. Personally it's worth the minor amount of hassle especially when there are not many lift options for a 2wd Dakota.

Ed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a 97 Silverado, come to think of it thats not much older than the Dakota haha. Makes sense, I've seen a couple trucks with diamond plate. Thanks for the info Ed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts