Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I picked up a '98 Dakota to use as a daily and maybe try and bring back some of its glory. The problem I'm having is in replacing the slave cylinder. The previous owner had traced the problem to the slave, so I know that is what needs replaced, but I cannot get the line leading to the slave cylinder off of it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting a line off if its stuck on like this? And unrelated to this, but what are some of the differences That the Dakota Sport has that others don't? Thank you for any answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently, I picked up a '98 Dakota to use as a daily and maybe try and bring back some of its glory. The problem I'm having is in replacing the slave cylinder. The previous owner had traced the problem to the slave, so I know that is what needs replaced, but I cannot get the line leading to the slave cylinder off of it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting a line off if its stuck on like this? And unrelated to this, but what are some of the differences That the Dakota Sport has that others don't? Thank you for any answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the line going to the slave cylinder is just like the line going to the wheel cylinders for your brakes. soak it up good with a good penetrating oil such as wd 40 if you have used a regular wrench on it instead of a flare nut wrench you have probabyy rounded off the nut and will have to use a vise grip. before putting the visegrip on tap the nut with a small hammer and maybe it will jar it loose. also when it starts turning the nut may be rusted fast to the line and will twist the line off if you can"t free it up from the line. if you do twist if off you can make a new one from a piece of brake line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts