Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Jasper Transmission from Aspen Auto Clinic, I'm in Colorado Springs, and the first one went bad in less than two months. I'm on the second one and the damn Tans temp light is coming on again after less than 300 miles. WHAT THE HELL COULD BE GOING ON??????

The first one had a temp light on when I left the shop, then started slipping a week after that. Aspen Auto cleaned the 29 pin connector then it was fine for about four weeks until I couldn't back into my driveway.

It's a 2006 Dakota two wheel drive with 148K on the clock. Aspen Auto says my wiring is fine and my computer is fine. Oh yea they swear by Jasper Transmissions as well.

I have a three year warranty but if I have to spend the next three years riding my motorcycle to work I'm going to throw the damn Jasper through Aspens front window.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well... don't do anything rash. Try to work with the selling dealer/shop if you can. Jasper used to have a good reputation for high quality rebuilds, engines and trans. But lately I have read of others having trouble with them. I hope it works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda hard to throw a transmission but I've got three almost three years to figure it out.

Aspen is driving my truck around now trying to get it to throw some codes with no luck.

The mechanic has a peer mechanic that has had this situation before and is leaning toward the computer/TCM being faulty.

Has anyone tried AUTO MODULE SOURCE for computers?

They sell on e-bay but seem like they have very good reviews.

I can get a computer from them for $300.00 that is plug and play according to their sales page.

Sure would beat allowing Aspen to sell me one for over $1500.00 and then tack on on the drive time as trouble shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just an update in case anyone needs some info on a similar situation.

I got the truck back from Aspen and they told me to take a recording of the next time the temp light comes on. In other words "we don't believe you had a temp light so next time we need proof". So I parked the truck in my driveway until the new computer showed up from AMS

WTF.....??? did Aspen think I was going to do? Drive two brand new transmissions into the ground???

FUC#[email protected] RETARDS!!!

New AMS computer is in now for 150 miles and no more codes or lights have popped up.

I'll post again if the situation changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts