Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 Dakota Laramie with a 4.7 in it. for more than a year now my truck wants to jerk shimmy and vibrate when it's shifting into the higher gears if you're at low acceleration. If you give it hard acceleration or put it in tow haul it does not do this. So far I've had the crank and cam position sensors changed, throttle body position sensor changed, new alternator, rear end rebuild, transmission fluid and filter has been changed at the dealership, new plugs, had the fuel system service done at the dealership and I've had the transmission checked out but not internally. My thought is if it's a transmission issue it should be getting worse but the problem stays the same had it to three different dealerships they can't figure it out anybody got any ideas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there any check engine lights on? I had something similar going on. The wiring to the trans had rubbed against the trans dipstick tube and would cause random problems. More frequent when i turned left instead of right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No there's no check engine light but I'll check that but the jerking and vibrating only does it when I'm in low acceleration like I'm in town going from stoplight to stoplight and it does it all the time at that rate of speed when I give it more pedal or put it in tow haul it don't do it at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts