Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the jet stage 2 proformance chip for my 2001 dakota 4x4 anyone know about it? Or has had it installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do not have first hand knowledge of this device but from what I have read you will need to upgrade to a free flowing exhaust system, 180 degree thermostat, and at least 91 octane fuel. Apparently this device will alter the timing so a slower burning fuel is require.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do not have first hand knowledge of this device but from what I have read you will need to upgrade to a free flowing exhaust system, 180 degree thermostat, and at least 91 octane fuel. Apparently this device will alter the timing so a slower burning fuel is require.
That must be where the Jet Chip gets its power from :D
Get a superchips instead

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't waste your money on a JET product. They don't reprogram anything. They work by fooling the PCM inputs into thinking the sensors are reading something different than what they really are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
jet chip

I have one i got for my 89 Shelby. It didnt do anything for it . I let my nephew run it on his Shelby and it helped his. He changed motors and gave it back. I dont know if it didnt work on mine because mine was modified or not. If you want to try it and it the same as fits your year. Let me know and we will work out somthing. Mine fits a 89 Shelby Dakota..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts