Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and have a question about my 96 dakota A/C. The compressor works, the system is charges, all the vacuum actuators are working, but there is no cold air coming out of the vents. I am guessing that my issue may be a clogged line keeping cold air out of the cab or the condenser is bad. Can anyone help me before I forget what parts went where.

·
Aww Peg!
2,963 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! I can't answer your question, but it should not take long. Glad you joined, enjoy!

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! I can't help either but I knoe there are people here who can help!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome to the forumz. I'm sure you will like it here.

If your system is fully charged and your actuators are all working, it is puzzling to me as well as to why there is no cold air coming out. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like there is a door that is in the wrong position. I had a similar problem once. Mine was blowing cold air, but you could only feel it, about 2 or 3" from the dash. I never did figure out where the problem was, before I traded it off though. I know SOME about the A/C system and with a fully charged system and all of the doors moving to the correct position, should produce cold air. What about the temp control? Is THAT working properly?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your A/C.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts