Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Darron, I have an '01 Dakota Sport, just returned from a year in Afghanastan and I am spending my leave on getting it back into shape. I will be replacing the ball joints, shocks, and front brakes to get started. I plan on moving on to fun stuff a body lift, bigger tires, and who knows what else. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I am open to all, as I am learning as I go.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

Welcome home and THANKS for your service!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the site . How much time do you have off ? Hope it's enough time to get all the things done to the truck that you would like. enjoy.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome and thanks for serving!!!

i just did my brakes as well. use shims on the brake pads if you got them, i did this time around and they dont clunk like they used to, the shims keep the pads from slamming around. makes a lot of difference

let us know how the ball joint replacement goes, i need to do that as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ball Joints

Im doing the ball joints right now, and it is not going smooth. They are riveted in and i have not decided if i am going to try to drill out the rivets, or buy new control arms.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the site!!! dig around im sure youll find some usefull info all over... if you cant find what your looking for then post up a thread asking what you need to know...

POST PIX

and while your on you can post yourself a pin and let people know where you are on the map here >> http://dakotaforumz.com/showthread.php?t=890

i did my ball joints a while back i drilled the rivetts out... wasnt too hard... and i broke a balljoint press doing the lowers but o well i got em in lol and i have a 04 QC with a 3" BL and 33s... leme know if you wanna see some pix

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ball Joints

I went the expensive way, i bought new control arms at 150 ea. i am going to put a 2" BL and throw 265/75/R16 under it. i think that comes out to about 32". anyway she should look good. i will get some pics up when im done. i would like to see some pics of yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did my upper and lower balljoints I drilled mine used a center punch to mark a hole in the center and drilling was easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts