Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for power adding ideas I saw a V8 intake being done. I'm looking for a 03 3.9
Magnum engine as complete as possible std shift with flywheel and clutch assembly. All the intake
from throttle body down and exhaust past the collector.

Asking if someone has carried out this type mod on their 3.9? I'm not looking for V8 power just
a little more than I have. Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking around for power adding ideas I saw a V8 intake being done. I'm looking for a 03 3.9
Magnum engine as complete as possible std shift with flywheel and clutch assembly. All the intake
from throttle body down and exhaust past the collector.

Asking if someone has carried out this type mod on their 3.9? I'm not looking for V8 power just
a little more than I have. Steve
um i'm thinking injecting air, got a air condition compressor, plum it for the throttle body rewire it for air with a switch. the map will detect increased air flow and increase fuel flow, flip the switch turning up the compressor, air and fuel flow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
um i'm thinking injecting air, got a air condition compressor, plum it for the throttle body rewire it for air with a switch. the map will detect increased air flow and increase fuel flow, flip the switch turning up the compressor, air and fuel flow.
I'm going to be kind and figure you are serious. I'm new to Dodge and Dakota but I have been playing with engines all my life. When I buy a new to me car or truck I buy all written material I can find and read it like a good book. When I bought the wife a 911 in the early 80s I bought 29 books before opening my tool box.
My reading so far tells me the computer will correct for the added air a larger throttle body will allow in. I don't think an AC compressor pumps air at all. Clearly thinking out of the box. Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts