Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last post was old so I wondered, I'm working on a 2000 sport,bought it as a project last year

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first Mopar, found a Sport with a nice interior and that beautiful Amber Fire Pearl paint. 90% of my ideas came from this forum and after chasing parts I've gone through the brake system and steering, got rim's and tires mounted and in the process of painting the remand HO motor

·
Registered
13 Posts
My first Mopar, found a Sport with a nice interior and that beautiful Amber Fire Pearl paint. 90% of my ideas came from this forum and after chasing parts I've gone through the brake system and steering, got rim's and tires mounted and in the process of painting the remand HO motor
I've done the plugs, heads, CAI, TB with the rise which was where I can into issues with the hood. Decided to buy a 2nd hood and give a go at my own RAM scoop which ended up being a 6 month project that I cannot recommend to anyone. You live and ya learn. I swapped the springs to level her out and have a system in but I'm working on a custom grill/bumper now. Billet top & bottom. It's been 2 years since I started but I can't seem to stop...love that truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
  1. Waiting on solid lash adjusters, want to get them in before engine is installed, high volume water pump should be here tomorrow and I can install the timing cover
    20200325_142322.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry can't read that. AirRam has a set that have regulated flow through the lash adjuster

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Ah.

Not a problem then.

Didn't recognize the motor. Oiling's already up there on the 4.7.

It's the Magnum 3.9/5.2/5.9 that were designed around hydraulic lifters to pump the oil up to the rockers.

RwP

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's a sweet set up. I've got the 5.9 Mag and it's sturdy with only 65k. I have had issues with slight hesitation from 3rd to 4th at high RPMs (getting on the freeway) but hasn't happened in a long time. The single Flowmaster sounds great but I'm eventually going to double up. We've experimented with everything from a grill swap to blacked-out lights and rims to a tonneau cover and green interior lights. They were all fun but the tonneau cover and the interior lights were the only mods I kept. The lights looked great blacked out but man I couldn't see sh*"* at night an it was legitimately terrifying on country roads. The billet grill is a work in progress and I only have the top in so far. Bumper valise is next. Best truck I've ever owned. Where do you buy your parts?

Here's a couple of the "stages" the fam and I have experimented with:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like the mods,some ideas when I get that pont.I painted the aluminum heads black so it looks oldschool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Waiting for steering parts also then put tires on, roll it out and clean it
Body looks straight. I've taken the flares off of the front already and will pull em off the rear when I'm ready to roll out. Took off the rain guards and windshield wipers as well. Fiber glassed the openings and painted it and it makes a bigger impact than I thought it would. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking of blacking out the grill and a hood with scoop to channel air to filter box area and vents to get hot air out. Got front cover done with hi volume pump and harmonic balancer

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Solid lash adjusters came in and I did one side today, went over them 3 times, once I got started it hard to do
20200403_175924.jpg
20200403_175924.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts