Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'm frustrated. I have a 2005 Dakota, and last week my "Headlamp ON" indicator illuminated and my left signal (rear) stopped working. I changed the bulb (even though it looked good). No change in symptom. I replaced the bulb socket and it worked for a day, then the same symptom returned.

Since my father wired in my trailer wiring kit, I decided to remove it thinking that perhaps there was something flaky in there. Fuses are good. My wire splices are good where the trailer wiring kit was removed. Right side indicators are good and all other lighting is functioning (headlamps, markers, etc.) Only other indication not functioning is the left brake light (dual filament lamp...)

Any thoughts from you all?? What should I look at next?
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just Recently started having the same issue, i cant seem to figure out what it is thats causing it, i checked the fuses(fine) splicing in the wiring kit for the tow wire harness is fine, i thought it mightve been the brake light bar but thats plugged in through the tow wire plug as if it were a trailer, the left turn signal is always on, on the brake light bar and doesnt go off unless the truck is off.

if i can figure it out ill be sure to help you out,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts