Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2000 dodge Dakota that has a completely stock suspension, tires, and wheels. Any suggestions on a lift/leveling kit and tire combination. I’m looking for some off road tires But nothing that would require me to cut the wheel well. I’m not interested in an outlandish lift or anything like that but think that a 2-3 inch lift would do the truck some aesthetic favors. If you have any pictures of your trucks with the recommendation you have, I’d love to see it. Appreciate it in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 2500
I did a 2 inch level i really do love the way it sits now. I just felt that it was way to low in stock format.
wow that looks really good. Super clean truck too! Do you mind sharing what size tires and which lift kit you put on? Everything I’m finding is a torsion bar And shackle, is that what you done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks dude shes got some rust that needs repaired but all in all she is pretty clean but mines an 07 so I don't have torsions I just put a 2 inch leveling kit which is 2 inch spacers on top of the struts.
My tires are general grabber atx and there 265/75/16

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hello, I have a 2000 dodge Dakota that has a completely stock suspension, tires, and wheels. Any suggestions on a lift/leveling kit and tire combination. I’m looking for some off road tires But nothing that would require me to cut the wheel well. I’m not interested in an outlandish lift or anything like that but think that a 2-3 inch lift would do the truck some aesthetic favors. If you have any pictures of your trucks with the recommendation you have, I’d love to see it. Appreciate it in advance.

This was what my Dakota looked like about 6 yrs ago. It had a 3 inch body lift and the torsion bars were cranked about 1 1/2 inches. Tires were 32X11.50 Dunlop mud rovers. It looks nothing like this now. It noe has 41 inch Pitbull Rockers and a lot more lift (and a new body, and a new engine)

Anyway, there weren't many suspension lifts for that model Dakota. 2000 was the year they went to a rack & pinion steering system which makes lifting that model harder to do.

My suggestion for a little lift is to crank the torsion bars. You could get 3 inches of lift out of cranking the bars, but I would only recommend two inches max. If you get greedy, the upper control arms will be resting on the upper bump stops and the ride will suck. If you want even more lift, your only remaining option is a body lift.

Max tire size should be no more than 33"s (or the metric equivalent) 32s would be better. The front differential is not that strong and the wheel bearings will not like too much tire.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts