Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, really looking into lifting my 0'1 dakota 3 - 4" with what I've heard is called a chassis lift. Fairly cheap, and effective, with little tampering with the actual suspension. Anyone know more about these? A good place to purchase/order them? What their deal is?... thanks.

- T.DURDEN

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got my suspension kit off of e-bay by adrenaline, it went for about 200 bucks, it was a relatively easy install. took me a little over an hr.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sounds like a Tbar kit and i have seen the kit on ebay...
the kit isnt needed...
theres two bolts on the end of your torsion bar keys that if you tighten them it will shove the control arm down and intern lift the front of your truck granted its 4wd... 2wd's do not have t-bars...
you do this by measureing from the ground to the top of the wheel well at the fender flare and seeing what adjustments you need to do to get the height you want then lifting the truck and supporting it on the frame...
then cranking the bolt... iirc 4turns is = to 1 inch of lift...
then you set the truck down and roll back around 8-10ft and pull back up and measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well at the fender flare...
then make the adjustments as needed until you get the measurement you want...
make sure your upper control arm has travel or your ride will be like shit from sitting on the bumpstops all the time...

there is also a kit for the rear called lift blocks and you can get them in various sizes from like 1" up to 3-5" i wouldnt go over 3 personaly but thats just me
i would try and keep the truck level with the same measurements on front fenders as rear... or a inch or 2 variance given the rake you want...
the blocks just go between your leif springs and your axle and will need longer ubolts and some other things i belive...

i currently have a 3" Body Lift from Performance Accessories on mine and i fit 285/75/16s with minimal rubbing.. i barley touch the bumper but if i cranked the T-bars it would clear that up... and i barley touch the frame not enough to realy matter i still get full turning ability...

MAKE SURE if you do the Tbar crank you get an allignment or you will start wearing the outside of your tires more than the inside because you will through out your camber and the top of your tire will stick out more than the bottom and you will be riding on the outside of your front tires...

hope this helps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts