Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My low beams flicker to the point that the light is not adequate to light the hiway . I can use my high beams but that's not always good.

There is a clicking under the dash and outside the dash against the door where the fuse box is. there is a 5 pronged module or relay in that fuse box that is causing the click but when i remove that relay the clicking stops and the lights still flicker.

can anyone tell me what to do

Dodge dakota sport 3.9 engine , 4 wheel drive . 2001 yr .

·
Registered
830 Posts
My low beams flicker to the point that the light is not adequate to light the hiway . I can use my high beams but that's not always good.

There is a clicking under the dash and outside the dash against the door where the fuse box is. there is a 5 pronged module or relay in that fuse box that is causing the click but when i remove that relay the clicking stops and the lights still flicker.

can anyone tell me what to do
You need to test the charging circuit at the battery terminals.
Is it just the low beams flickering or both?

On the dakotas, there is a headlamp relay in the PDC, which is the
one that is probably clicking. It provides power to the one side of
the headlamps. (C) which also goes to the fog lamp relay.

It could possibly be a loose ground connection somewhere as well in the headlights themselves as each headlight is grounded separately.

You need to determine if it's just the low beams having that problem
or both high/lo beams.

The path is: battery goes a 40amp fuse (PDC) then into the headlamp switch and from there to the multi-function switch (flash to pass/high beam/lo beam),then to the headlamps, so any poor contact in that path could cause problems, but check the alternator o/p with the lights to
see if it is a voltage problem. The charging voltage should be around
13.5 volts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts