Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport. I like the truck, but can't drive it at night. The headlights flicker like I am high beaming those approaching me. The dome light, when on, also flickers. When all is quiet I can hearing a ringing nose in the engine compartment that basically is in timing with the flickering dome light, and sounds more distinct when you put your ear close to the headlights. Can someone please guide me in the right direction to determine what in the light is going on here???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Driving down freeway @ 70 mph, headlights went out on my five seven cadillac coupe de ville. A couple seconds later they came back on, but would flicker back and forth randomly over the next several miles.. Pulled into a gas station, and looked at and adjusted wiring everywhere, Take a guess at where I found the problem?? It was the license plate light wire shorting out with the back bumper!! Wouldn't hurt to check yours, just in the off-chance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport. I like the truck, but can't drive it at night. The headlights flicker like I am high beaming those approaching me. The dome light, when on, also flickers. When all is quiet I can hearing a ringing nose in the engine compartment that basically is in timing with the flickering dome light, and sounds more distinct when you put your ear close to the headlights. Can someone please guide me in the right direction to determine what in the light is going on here???
could be the headlight switch. had a 93 dodge dakota that the headlights went out n one night and that was the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Central timer module?
So far so good!! Bought a CTM off of Ebay and took about 15 minutes to replace it and it appears to work. Thank you now I just need to get the key fob to work for this truck as it no longer works to open lock/unlock. Everything I read is that I will need to go to the stealership to have that reprogrammed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far so good!! Bought a CTM off of Ebay and took about 15 minutes to replace it and it appears to work. Thank you now I just need to get the key fob to work for this truck as it no longer works to open lock/unlock. Everything I read is that I will need to go to the stealership to have that reprogrammed.
Thanks for your help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts