Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been covered yet but does anybody make locking Hubs or anything to decouple the front driveline on a 99 Dakota Sport. I remember when I had an 87 Dakota the front axle had a vacuum operated servo to lock in the right axle. Pretty simple solution. I don't understand why Dodge quit doing this on the next generation Dakota's.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, it maybe a pity but having the front end (considering the options) always engaged doesn't seem to be problematic.

Ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just getting tired of pushing the front end around. Everytime it rains or some patchy light snow the rear tires just want to spin at traffic lights or stop signs. I've tried different gear lubes and currently running synthetic. Still the same thing. Just really annoying.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hmm… I really don't think you're pushing the front end. The front drivetrain doesn't have that kind of rolling resistance.

Whats the condition of the tires? If the tread is worn, it might be time to replace them or at the very least, rotated. Check tire pressure. If the pressure is at or above recommended pressure, drop the pressure a bit. This puts more tread in contact with the road and increases traction.

Most trucks tend to be tail light. Carry a sand bag or two by the tailgate. Or shovel some snow in the back. The added weight tends to help plant the rear tires.

Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know that RamManInc has a kit for ram 1500. All depends on what axles you are running and if you want to do a FAS. Maybe look into Ford front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts