Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so no Dakota yet. I have had 3 Rams since 95 and the family has had way more Dodge PU before they became cool. Now I need a small(er) pickup for me and my teenager. I just want to know how the Dakota in your opinions compare to lets say the Toy....which is what I "grew up" with. I want it to be obviously safe, etc, etc. Love Dodge...want to keep it in the fam, but smart too

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome!

I personally love the 01-04 Dakotas. My dad and i are 6'2" and we need the room inside so the (at the time) toyota, fords, mazdas, nissans didn't work for us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm 6'3"+ and was up to 280 on a bad day and could fit great into my 98 Regular cab. I have loved every minute of ownership too. I love how practical it is, even though it is not a full size truck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If safety is your concern and you don't want your teen to be able to leadfoot it around town, the a V-6 model suit your needs although the fuel economy isnt really any better than a V-8. If your teen is trustworthy, then by all means, get a V-8.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ!
I agree with what RamTech stated. They are big enough trucks to keep safe in case somethings happens too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If safety is your concern and you don't want your teen to be able to leadfoot it around town, the a V-6 model suit your needs although the fuel economy isnt really any better than a V-8. If your teen is trustworthy, then by all means, get a V-8.
x2 on the v6 gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome!!!!

i have been a big Dakota fan for awhile and just recently bought my first. they are so varied you really have to decide on what you want it for, daily driver? utility? off-road? track racing? the sky is the limit with these things!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is a great point. I have a Regular Cab 4x4 with a 5.2 v8, meaning there is almost no weight over the ass-end. In the rain you can swing the rear end around without trying, if the road is even damp you can spinout as you shift into second and third if you're accelerating fairly hard [to merge, etc]. I learned the hardway a few times, haha.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the Dakota Z, glad to have you! I agree, the Dakotas are very cool trucks, I myself prefer the older ones, but it's all about what you want and need your truck to do, but there are so many cool options, so good luck and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts