Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

It's been awhile but here goes...I have an 88 Dakota 2wd with an 87 3.9 motor and 3spd trans. I was able to do a vacuum system " smoke" test earlier and realized I'm leaking air around the lower shaft on my throttle body. The reason I checked it is after replacing almost the whole fuel system I'm still getting a surging like it's running out of gas. I can feather the gas and continue my journeys.

What I'm asking is could the worn shaft cause this and can I get a rebuild kit to repair this?

I have a Holley 1R 3443 B throttle body but I can't find any literature on it.

Thanks in advance
Tonyz88

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the end of the shaft is open to the outside of the throttle body casting, but not protruding out from the casting, can you clean the area around the shaft, then put a very thin film of white grease (or a lube similar that will not run) ONLY on the end of the shaft?

Then put RTV sealer over the complete area around where the shaft sits in the casting?

The white grease will keep the shaft from sticking to the RTV so it can rotate, and RTV will seal around the casting of the throttle body to seal the possible leak.

Just a suggestion that would confirm if this is the issue, and who knows, might run it that way for years :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts