Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice, very nice!!

MORE!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet truck. i wish i had some pics but mines all taken apart right now.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Couple of NICE looking Riders here guys! Like the others, I'm looking for more myself. I bought myself a '92 Dakota std cab that is sitting pretty low, but it's not practical cause the frame is only a couple of inches off of the ground. You see, a previous owner thought it would be cool to remove the front springs and block the rear end so that, like the front end, the rear end was sitting on the frame. This give NO suspension at all. Look at this picture and you'll see what I mean. When I put it back so that it DOES have suspension, it won't be as low and I DO want to lower it. So far, I am looking at Spindles, springs and maybe shackles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bill440car....... super low i like :) talk about no suspension mine is frame to axle in the back hahaha talk about a horse buggy ride haha

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yours IS pretty cool looking, but I just have to have some (even if it's a little) spring to it, for me. I have to say that I LIKE how mine sits low, but I just have to put SOME suspension in there and then try to get it as low as I can, at that point and what I've heard about the cost of "bagging it", I'm gonna have to pass that up. This is a project that will get most of the money spent on the driveline.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yours IS pretty cool looking, but I just have to have some (even if it's a little) spring to it, for me. I have to say that I LIKE how mine sits low, but I just have to put SOME suspension in there and then try to get it as low as I can, at that point and what I've heard about the cost of "bagging it", I'm gonna have to pass that up. This is a project that will get most of the money spent on the driveline.
One thing you want to think about when lowering it is your oil pan. If you put a big block in there its going to have a deep pan. you go to low and you might drag a hole in it. haha

·
Registered
842 Posts
One thing you want to think about when lowering it is your oil pan. If you put a big block in there its going to have a deep pan. you go to low and you might drag a hole in it. haha

As usual, you have a valid point. And since you need a custom pan, THAT could prove quite expensive, eh? :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts