Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 SLT Dakota that I want to lower 3 inches in the rear and 2 inches in the front.

Does anybody know of any company that makes a lowering kit? I have yet to find a kit or even a company...lol.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well...the Head Mechanic at my work checked with all of his contacts and the news in glum...nobody makes a lowering kit for my truck. Reason being nobody in the L.A. area has decided to lower this Generation of Dakota, therefore the companies do not see a demand for a lowering kit...yet.

As my parts sources informed me, if people in the Los Angeles area want a lowering kit, the companies will make a kit for them...sounds goofy but what ever...lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hate to revive a dead thread, but noone has an update on this? Id like to go lower than the ebay shackles provide for the rear.. It looks like custom springs and alot of research on front shocks that will fit is in order here...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't guarantee anything because I'm currently flush but I'm about to buy a set of decent OE struts and a set of lowering springs I found online. Looks like they're also making an adjustable billet front strut kit with a 1-3 inch spring on it. The drop shackles have been around for a while for a 2 inch drop and the same company that makes it all X2 also sell's a rear flip kit for 3rd Gen's now too.

So at least it seems like www.x2industries.com is selling a lot of late gen Dakota suspension parts but they seem to be the only people in the game right now.

Now that I've found some of this stuff I'll probably invest a little and get back, some of it's on the pricey end like their billet parts or their air ride kit, being Canadian doesn't help.

I myself just bought a tuner for my truck and have been trying to find a way to get ahead of the split pin crank issue on the 3.7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts