Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a bit scarce over the past couple of days mainly because I've been burning the midnight oil to get my truck ready for its trip to MD next week. Here is my progress so far.

Complete
KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks on all 4 corners (the rears I took off were the OEM's and the Gabriels up front were totally shot.)

3 new O2 sensors (the previous owner decided to remove the pre-cat sensor and cap the hole; check engine light off now)

Front Sway Bar and End Link Bushings installed (30mm fits the R/T front sway)

In Progress
Rear Sway Bar and End Link Bushings - Need metal MOOG end links for Energy Suspension poly bushings; my OEMs are plastic; on order should be here Tuesday. None of the local stores had them in stock. R*ck Aut* rocks!

To Do
160* t-stat: on the docket for tomorrow.
Heat shielding under body: tomorrow.
Practice taking off bed cover: tomorrow.
Control Arm, Rack and Pinion, Rear Leaf Spring, and Tie Rod poly Bushings: after I return; a friend will have to assist me on this one.

She's coming together.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've been a bit scarce over the past couple of days mainly because I've been burning the midnight oil to get my truck ready for its trip to MD next week. Here is my progress so far.

Complete
KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks on all 4 corners (the rears I took off were the OEM's and the Gabriels up front were totally shot.)

3 new O2 sensors (the previous owner decided to remove the pre-cat sensor and cap the hole; check engine light off now)

In Progress
Rear Sway Bar and End Link Bushings - Need metal MOOG end links for Energy Suspension poly bushings; my OEMs are plastic; on order should be here Tuesday. None of the local stores had them in stock. R*ck Aut* rocks!

To Do
160* t-stat: on the docket for tomorrow.
Heat shielding under body: tomorrow.
Practice taking off bed cover: tomorrow.
Control Arm, Rack and Pinion, Rear Leaf Spring, and Tie Rod poly Bushings: after I return; a friend will have to assist me on this one.

She's coming together.:)
It can be amazing, the difference that things like that can make in the way a truck (or car) will function and handle. I can only imagine how much better she will be. Personally, I'm having to work on getting some more buck$ together before I can move on much with mine and I've been doing some to the Charger in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Complete

160* t-stat installed (added new radiator cap also)

Heat shielding under body done (may add more; still a bit warm)

In Progress

To Do
Check A/C compressor and refrigerant level; it seemed to stop cooling on my test drive.
Updated. I hope I don't have to replace my compressor.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
awesome Ev!! its really coming together for you!

a side note, i was told a 160* thermo will throw a code on these things, so keep an eye out for that

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome Ev!! its really coming together for you!

a side note, i was told a 160* thermo will throw a code on these things, so keep an eye out for that
Thanks for that info, Jerry. I've put about 100 miles on it so far with no issues yet. Come Monday with around 1400 miles underneath her tires, I should know for sure.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
be safe out there and when you run through NC give a honk on the horn to let everyone know your here! LOL

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
be safe out there and when you run through NC give a honk on the horn to let everyone know your here! LOL
I'll actually be staying overnight Thursday in Carolina at Mom's place down in Columbus County. I'll let you guys know how the trip is going. Its not quite halfway, but it helps break the trip up on the front end and I get to visit with Mom.:)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Complete
KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks on all 4 corners
3 new O2 sensors
Front and Rear Sway Bar and End Link Bushings
160* t-stat
Heat shielding under body
Control Arm, Rack and Pinion, and Tie Rod polyurethane bushings
new Rack and Pinion unit (with inner and outer tie rods)
new P/S lines
Ported TB
Air Cleaner (will be color matched later)
Front Swar Bar End Links
Sound/Heat insulation on floorboards (under carpet)

To Do
A/C compressor (Shot; seized clutch bearing)
Tuner
Shorty headers
Mopar Performance valve covers (color matched)
Body work (front bumper, grill, front fascia, roll pan)
Airaid CAI? (considering going back for performance/mileage)

The old front way bar end links were tough to get out but I replaced them yesterday. It appeared they might be threaded into chassis, but were not; it just took a larger hammer than I originally tried.
The feel and ride of my suspension is much more solid now which is what I was looking for.

I also applied some insulating matting over my floorboards to cut down on noise and heat. That combined with some heat shielding on my exhaust pipes has made it much cooler on the inside. The OEM routing of the crossover and mid-pipes as they lead into the cat position them close to the transmission which was radiating onto the floorboard making it hot inside even before the A/C broke. It is much better now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh man i had to replace my compressor cuz the bearing went but thank god i knew someone who got a new compressor for me from a durango so all it cost me was $60 haha and a case of beer

·
Registered
842 Posts
Complete
3 new O2 sensors
160* t-stat
new P/S lines
Ported TB
Air Cleaner (will be color matched later)
Front Swar Bar End Links

To Do
A/C compressor (Shot; seized clutch bearing)
Tuner
Shorty headers
Airaid CAI? (considering going back for performance/mileage)

The old front way bar end links were tough to get out but I replaced them yesterday. It appeared they might be threaded into chassis, but were not; it just took a larger hammer than I originally tried.
The feel and ride of my suspension is much more solid now which is what I was looking for.

I also applied some insulating matting over my floorboards to cut down on noise and heat. That combined with some heat shielding on my exhaust pipes has made it much cooler on the inside. The OEM routing of the crossover and mid-pipes as they lead into the cat position them close to the transmission which was radiating onto the floorboard making it hot inside even before the A/C broke. It is much better now.

Wow Ev, sounds like you are getting that one into some kind of shape there! :cool: ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Complete
3 new O2 sensors
160* t-stat
new P/S lines
Ported TB
Front Swar Bar End Links
K&N FIPK CAI
A/C compressor (scheduled)

To Do
Tuner
Shorty headers
Paint & Stripes???

My list is getting shorter.:) I'm hoping to have all my remaining parts purchased by October. Gotta get this one done; my Charger R/T needs some love.:D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK I give up Why a 160o T Stat??
The one that was in it was a 180 and it didn't seem to be working all that well so I decided to try a cooler one. I was told that it might throw a code with it, but I've not seen one so far. I may swap back once I shift over to an electric cooling fan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts