Dakota Forumz banner

Melted EGR Transducer, Help

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  97fordrunner 
#1 ·
Hey all, I just was given a '93 Dakota 3.9 5spd 2wd, Parking brakes were locked up so I fixed that but it also sounded like it had a vac leak so I threw a gauge on to find that the needle was steady as a rock, after investigating further I found that the plastic EGR transducer was melted where the rubber hose comes from the EGR. The truck has no power and struggles to accelerate to 55 so I put a new one on and it was fine around town but when I got on the freeway I smelled it then heard it before I got to the end of the ramp and lost power again. Am I dealing with a bad EGR here? Also I have a rattle from underneath at idle that annoys me to no end but the exhaust is all tight and no heat shields loose so I think the guts of the CAT are probably gone for the most part, would this affect it at all? It idles ok and if you keep the RPMs low it pulls but once you get to the top of 4th and then OD power is all but gone. Thanks all for reading the NEWBs post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.