Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Mopar tri-fold hard tonneau cover included as part of the deal when I bought my truck recently. They wanted $300.00 to install it which I thought was a bit steep. How hard can it be? Having done the work I now understand why they charge so much. It's not that bad but alighnment is critical so it gets very fiddley.

Now that it's on I'm very pleased. The whole box, cover and packing when I picked it up only weighed 38 lbs. so it can't be said to be weighing the truck down. It's said to support 300 lbs. if I remember right and it comes off with four bolts in 10 min.s when necessary. I now have a lockable waterproof...so far.. space for tools, etc..

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Congrats on the new cover. Reps for DIY.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I saw that on gears this morning stacy david put one on in 10 minutes plus bed carpeting, that guy is amazing. he is modifying a new ram express. very nice piece of gear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ten minutes to do what takes me several hours is a typical pro./ my effort ratio. I'm a "life as art" person so I might be accused of being too involved but the result is perfect. Plus I need to pause after every bolt to recite the well documented mystical phrase, "That's not going anywhere!"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ten minutes to do what takes me several hours is a typical pro./ my effort ratio. I'm a "life as art" person so I might be accused of being too involved but the result is perfect. Plus I need to pause after every bolt to recite the well documented mystical phrase, "That's not going anywhere!"
That's Funny

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe he'd done a few before. And maybe they just didn't show the head-scratching and all that,it's TV ya know! I put on a one piece cover on a Chevy,with the owners help-and I know we spent over an hour on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts