Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently got a 1993 Dodge Dakota in superb shape. No problems with it what so ever. My only problem is I want to make it faster and sound better. I plan on keeping this truck for a while and slowly upgrading it I?m just not sure on where to start

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The usuals - fresh tune up, change all the fluids, keep the air pressure up right, change all filters.

Rebuild the front suspension, redo the rear spring mounts, and pick up better shocks for the truck.

Change to a stiffer rear gear in the back (if it's, say, a 3.55, go to a 4.10 or even stiffer). Note that if your truck is a 4WD, you'll have to do the same gear in the front diff also.

Past that - being a V6, your best bet is to work on a V8 swap.

92/93 got the smaller fuel injectors, but your exhaust system is a bit larger, than later years; try to find a 92/93 V8 to get the exhaust manifolds off of, add the two wires, swap to the V8 PCM, and match the injectors, and you should be able to drop most any Magnum 5.2 or even a 5.9 in and run with it.

The current transmission can work with either V8, but if you romp on it, it'll give up the ghost quicker than with the V6, so plan on redoing that also.

RwP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts