Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steering wheel when hitting bumps and different formations in the road wiggles and wonders. Not so bad that you can't controll it just feels funny. I just replaced the lower ball joints and it began doing this. I have an 04 with 113,000 miles. I have replaced upper and lower ball joints, front shocks, all four sway bar bushings. Not because of this issue. A guy told me to park on dry pavement with the truck running. Have someone work the steering wheel back and forth while your looking at the tierod ends. If thiers play than that should be the issue. Havent tried it yet. Going to tonight. I replaced the steering arm about 35,000 miles ago so I know what that feels like when its going bad, guess I will still check that.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
if youre feeling the road bumps through the steering wheel and you can see it moving and feel it moving then i would say the tie rod ends or the bushings for them are going (gone) bad. my truck does this, although it is more of the whole steering system and not just the steering wheel, in other words, i need to replace ball joints, shocks, bushings

let us know what you find out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts