Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 3.7 2wd. It used to shift hard from 1st to 2nd and was otherwise fine. Then it started going into limp mode 2nd gear only. I had it scanned and got p0700 p1776 p0733. I was still able to drive it for about a week. Occasionally having to stop and put it in park and turn it off then back on. It was getting a little worse and I was reading about the speed sensor and had it scanned again to see if I got a code for that.. there were 2 additional codes p0734 p1775.
It starred getting worse. Revving real high between the higher gears. I took a new sensor and it had .500 ohms resistance and i put it into the input spot. The old one had about the same resistance so I took off the output sensor and it had .700 ohms. So I thought it was bad and input the old input sensor into the output spot. I take it for a test drive and now as soon as I go from 1 to 2 it revs a little high and goes rigjt into safe mode. So input the old output back into the output spot . So to be clear, new input and same old output.. then i test drive it and it's back to real high revs when shifting in the higher range. So I'm like what the hell and I go buy another sensor. I put it in the output so now I have 2 new sensors. And the damn thing shifts from 1 to 2 with a high Rev and immediately goes into safe mode.

With the old output at least I could play with it and drive over 60 mph. Now I'm screwed and can't stay out of safe mode.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Those codes, P0734, P0735, P1775, and P1776 are related to solenoids in the transmission, not the input or output sensors. You can Google them and read what it says, but unless you have diagnostic equipment and experience with electronically controlled automatic transmissions, your best bet is to take it to a qualified repair shop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts