Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL! This one is most likely gonna see more improvement sooner, than the 440 6Pack Build. Basically, I'm just looking to make this one look good again and maybe make a few changes. It's got the 3.9 V6 w/ the Automatic.

Here's what this one looks like.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surprisingly, most all of the features work on this one. The cruise, the power windows, the heater, the A/C AND it doesn't drive too bad either. Both front fenders are damaged (I got 2 of them when I went and picked up those parts from Sallisaw Oklahoma) it has had a door changed on it and that is why it has 2 different mirrors. Even though I'm not that fond of the big chrome ones, the 2 doors I got, have a good set of those mirrors. I'm going to do a custom gauge setup, on the Std Cab, I can use the instrument panel cover piece from THAT ONE, on this one. I also got a good set of steering column covers too. The power window switch for the right door, works backwards, so I need to swap the wires. The power door locks don't work, but I really don't see a problem with that. The headliner is shot, so that will have to be replaced. I will probably go over the body and shot a better primer on there for now and work on a paint job later on. But, it cost me $800 and I drove it home. It DOES need some attention shown to the exhaust system. Now, I DO have a question on THIS! Should I just get the exhaust taken care of OR should I see about converting to Dual exhaust? If Duals is the way to go, should it be traditional, with one on each side or have them both come out on the same side? Like to hear thoughts AND reason behind those thoughts.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I put a dual exhaust on a 3.9 and it sounded like a really mad bee. Maybe I didn't do it right. what works for a v-8 not so good for a 6. I have heard a few of the tuners that sound pretty radical running around town. that might be an idea?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dam that red interior. lol my truck had the 3.9 before i did the swap. i had duals on it and so many people thought it was one of the best sounding trucks around. except the police. had 4inch tips. and it really did sound good.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a dual exhaust on a 3.9 and it sounded like a really mad bee. Maybe I didn't do it right. what works for a v-8 not so good for a 6. I have heard a few of the tuners that sound pretty radical running around town. that might be an idea?

Yeah, I've heard some 6's and don't want a funky sound, like to get the best sound I can, w/o breaking the bank, ya know?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dam that red interior. lol my truck had the 3.9 before i did the swap. i had duals on it and so many people thought it was one of the best sounding trucks around. except the police. had 4inch tips. and it really did sound good.

Yeah, the thing WAS a dark red kinda like Inferno, I guess, before a previous owner did the flat black thing on it. Was it a straight dual system with just mufflers and pipes or was there a cat in there? And what kind of mufflers? 4" tips? What about the rest of the system, how big was that?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, the thing WAS a dark red kinda like Inferno, I guess, before a previous owner did the flat black thing on it. Was it a straight dual system with just mufflers and pipes or was there a cat in there? And what kind of mufflers? 4" tips? What about the rest of the system, how big was that?
I believe it was a Rhino performance muffler. It was just a 2 1/2" pipes out the back. it started out with the cat but it went bad so i just gutted it and put a pipe in place of it. it really sounded good for a 6 cyl. and i had a open 14" round air cleaner on it with a [email protected] filter. i had the engine compartment looking really nice. now it looks even better with the v8 lol

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it was a Rhino performance muffler. It was just a 2 1/2" pipes out the back. it started out with the cat but it went bad so i just gutted it and put a pipe in place of it. it really sounded good for a 6 cyl. and i had a open 14" round air cleaner on it with a [email protected] filter. i had the engine compartment looking really nice. now it looks even better with the v8 lol

That's what I was wanting to know. :cool: Have to see what I can do with this one. :D Was working on freshening up the looks of the front end today (removing the grille and end pieces) swapping out side reflectors (painted them with Night Shades too), and putting the best turn signal lenses I had on there too. So there I am, with those pieces OFF of the front and UPS shows up with my Polished Firewall and also my Engine Half Covers from 3GCustoms, for my Charger. I just HAD TO stop working on the Dakota and get that Firewall installed on the Charger. :rolleyes:

Wanna hear a funny? I knew that the guy had just bought tires for this Dakota, but I had never really looked them over, til today. These are some pretty nice tires! I won't need to do ANYTHING there. except clean the wheels up! ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
post some pics of the chargers new parts you installed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's what got me distracted from the Dakota today, blame it on the UPS. Have to overlook the dirty engine & compartment though. I was just in a hurry to get a picture of that Polished Firewall that I put in today. Also got engine half covers, but I have to prep and paint those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts