Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. It’s great to be here. I’m in western Oregon and have a ‘91 Dakota 5.2 RWD Base model standard can long bed that has been in my family since new. My dad purchased it new in 91 and drove it until about 05. He then gave it to my brother who drove it for 5-6 years and in 2011 upgraded to a new Ram 2500 crew longbed. He then gave me the Dakota which at the time had nearly 224,000 mi. It now has 289,000 mi. and is about to get a major suspension upgrade to prothane bushings front and rear along with the body bushings. Along with the new timing chain & steering parts too.
I’ve been a Mopar guy for 30-40 years. I hope to do some modifications to the truck which I have said is the biggest little truck around. And the truck has amazed a few for how much it can carry. It isn’t the prettiest rig but has stood up to my dad who admits that he is hard on vehicles.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to the forumz! I gotta hand me down too as you can see by my username, mines a 2nd gen though 😉 post pics!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forumz! I gotta hand me down too as you can see by my username, mines a 2nd gen though 😉 post pics!
I will once I take some of it after I get the work done on it & get the spacers I need for the stock Gen 2 wheels I’m gonna run for a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!
Thank you . I see lots of things that I’ve often thought about with this truck. And have already learned a couple of things that are now going to be projects for mine when I have the chance to do them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts