Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to install a 3'' body lift on my 2009 dakota but noticed a 2'' leveling lift is often sold with this kit. What is the purpose of a 2'' leveling lift when installing a 3'' body lift? Is the leveling lift neccesary?

Thanks

JimB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering the same thing since I am seriously considering a 3" body lift, but the local shop wants $1300 to buy and install it. I've been contemplating doing the body lift myself. I can pick up the entire kit for about $470 and save a ton of cash. I'd like to do most of it myself and just have the shop put in the leveling kit for me. But I wasn't sure if, by having the body lift done, it would require the coil spring spacers be installed at the same time. I'd do the entire thing myself, but I dont have a coil spring compressor to fit them in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The purpose of a leveling kit is to level the front because the stock Dakotas have a 2" rake, meaning they have a 2" lower nose. A 3" body lift + a 2" leveling kit will essentially lift the WHOLE truck up 3" and make it level. W/o a leveling kit, the whole truck will be lifted 3" but you will still have a truck with a 2" lower nose.

To answer your question, no the leveling kit is not necessary, but is a matter of preference, and $500 v. $280

1 - 5 of 5 Posts