Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! This is the first forum I've ever joined. From what I've seen so far it seems that this was the best one for Dakota lovers. I have a 4 door 2wd 2000 Dakota with a 4.7. I bought it used and it came with a Flowmaster and a 3 inch Fabtec lift. It also has a sunroof, which I found out later was not factory. Anyhow, I love this truck! In about a week or two I'm going to be replacing the steering components. I need new front hubs, a new rack & pinion, outter tie rod ends, and new shocks. My question to you guys is, what aftermarket brands are best recommended by most Dakota owners? It's a daily driver that we sometimes take runs out to Vegas in, nothing to crazy but, if I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it with parts that are more dependable/durable. I don't mind spending a little more for the peace of mind. Also, if you know of something else I should swap out while I'm doing this, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks for taking the time and I'm really looking forward to hearing back and swapping stories in here! Thanks again!

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)
I can't help you but you may have better luck posting questions regarding what you are looking for in the appropriate sub forums. Not everyone looks here.

·
Registered
452 Posts
There isn't much in the way of aftermarket components for a Dakota, you may be forced to buy OEM. My suggestion is to shop around and ask questions. Many chain auto parts stores can get you what you need, but stuff like a rack & pinion unit are typically reman parts and other parts like bearings and steering components are sourced from China. These parts are usually cheaper, but you get what you pay for. If you want dependability try to avoid remanufactured and made in China parts. Although significantly more expensive, you can get certified Chrysler parts at any Chrysler dealership. The better auto parts stores will stock competing brands, and finally if you purchase, look at the box or open the parts and look at where the parts were built. If they say made in China, give it back because you'll be replacing it in about 6 months again.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts