Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Dak 4.7litre V8 mag I’ve been driving it stock for a minute now but my real question is it’s got around 172000 miles on it but really want to start making some body adjustments like a leveling kit, pipes, tired and such but I wanted to know if I should just leave it stock and not worry about it because of how many miles it has on it and if it’s close to the end of its life cycle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are the frame and body in a condition that you’ll be happy keeping it for a few years? How’s the engine compression? How much will you be making good use of the things you want to change? Is the truck in good shape regardless of miles? Is it the right vehicle for your purposes?

My 2002 has about 200,000 miles and its V6 runs well. I’ve put some money into it to replace worn and rusted parts, and expect to have to continue spending, but not as much as I would be spending on a car payment for one that didn’t yet need these repairs. I have a couple of advantages, in that I am able to do my own repairs, my local pick-a-part has a steady supply of Dakotas to pull parts from (this won’t be true in a few years as more and more compatible trucks meet the crusher), and my ego doesn’t require a newer/prettier vehicle. You need to weigh all this and decide for yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts