Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to repair the wiring harness on my '92 Dakota with the 3.9L engine. A rat has chewed the wires and chewed so close on the injector connections, that I don't see how I can possibly solder them back on. I need to know IF the connector can be disassembled, to repair it or if you can buy the connectors with enough wire sticking out, to solder them back onto the harness. Otherwise, I may end up having to try to get a used harness and replace it all (if I can't at least get some used connectors with some wire sticking out). Any input here, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I wish I knew how to help you , Bill. Sorry, Bro.:(

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I knew how to help you , Bill. Sorry, Bro.:(
No Problem Ev. I know that if you could help, you'd be there with the info. ;) Definitely appreciate the thought there, Brother. :cool:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, did you ever find out anything, if I've got a 92 with a 5.2 that has the injector wires still intact.

Hey Guy, I managed to get the 2 wires that were chewed in two (not the injector wires), that one went to the ignition coil, soldered back together and used heat shrink on them. I DID find that the engine WILL start now, but I still need to take care of #4 & #6 injector wires. If I could just get a couple of connectors with a little wire (about a couple of inches or so) sticking out, so I could reattach them to the harness and those 2 injectors, I'd be good to go. I was going to call around to the wrecking yards, but they were closed today. I DO feel good that I can at least start it now, but will feel better when I can drive it again. Trying to cut back on the Charger's mileage you now? Do you think you might have those connectors with wires? I tried to figure out how to get the pieces out of the plastic piece, but haven't figured out how to release the connectors yet. There HAS to be a way.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know I can send you the whole injector harness if you need it.

I really appreciated your offer, but I found what I needed, at a local wrecking yard and bit the bullet. I hated to give the $40 for the parts, but I feel alot better having the Club Cab running well again. I just got a bit over anxious and went for it. I certainly DO want to thank you for your offer though. Never know though, I could have more rat trouble, though I sure hope not.

Now, I need to get the truck up on the ramps and see where my exhaust leak is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bill, please don't come back and tell us that the rats chewed a hole through your exhaust pipe. LOL

LOL! :D They are pretty ambitious, but even Arkansas Rats aren't THAT tough. At least, not that I know of. :D Maybe a Coyote? :confused: ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts