Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New rims and tires finally here!!! Goes into truck tomorrow at 0730!!! I’ll send some pics once the new shocks n lift is in as well!!! Xmas in November!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so! Kinda pissed they shipped em with the white lube all over the tires and rims. It’s a mess but I’ll finally wash and detail it as it’s a mess and she deserves it! I have a fancy air powered soap detailing thingy the wife uses on her mustang and it’s amazing! Works on everything from the engine compartment to the interior. Removes stains and dust and fingerprints in seconds. On eBay or wish they about 20$. Counting down the hours to my build day! Yeah for me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice looking rims. Can't wait to see them on the truck...even though I'm a lowered guy, Ive done the 4x4 thing before too.
Dynamo

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I’m so excited! Thank god I have an awesome wife who lets me drop huge $ into a 20 year old truck! The new ones are overpriced and would cost 70-90$k to have all the features I have in Bertha now! 800-1200 a month payments....NO THANKS!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Agreed. Back in 01 I ordered and bought a loaded Off Road 4x4 with a 5.9 for 26k and change. It had every option I could get and at the time I thought that was a lot to pay for a truck. But it was an awesome truck.!. Now days to replace it with something similar the minimum amount would be some 40k+. Now that's a lot of money for a truck! Especially when they devalue so quickly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here’s the new rims and tires!!! I’ll post more pics when the engine and exhaust work is completed later today. Yeah for me!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks great!... Now if I could just talk you in to lowering it about 10 inches....just kidding!
Nice looking truck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here’s the new cold air, throttle body spacer and battery terminals. Started to rain so I haven’t taken pictures of the new shocks, chip setup and lift kit. I’ll get back to it tomorrow when I hook up the puddle lights and new door speakers. I may also paint all the yellow caps to blue to match the blue color scheme of the truck. The colored lights are going in when I get back in December as the truck will be on the hoist anyways for the new dual exhaust and UFO lights and rotors and breaks. I also bought 2 new key fobs and batteries for around 30$ plus taxes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking good! Kind of a silly question, but what's the advantage of what you call cold air, and what exactly is it? I gather its in place of the air filter.

Also, what did you pay for the chip?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cold air plus throttle body spacer adds torque and hp to engine. Some ppl say it’s a waste and useless but in a day I have noticed a huge difference in the performance of my truck. I highly doubt it’s me just thinking it’s better but no way to tell as I haven’t had it dyno’d yet. Plus the chip is supposed to adjust the truck to my driving habits. I drove the hell outta it past two days and it’s doing what I want it to do. I got the chip off eBay......

Look it up and it’ll explain more than I can. It does make a difference in my opinion. A mechanic would be able to say more....depending on how they feel about these upgrade components. My wife’s mustang got 50hp xtra off her k&n air filter after we got it dyno’d. When I get the dual exhaust all the way back to the engine that will also make a major difference I have been told. Don’t care if it does as I’ve bought it and I’m doing it anyways! LOL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I forgot to mention that the truck sounds way better as well after the cold air n spacer addition. Sounds deeper and has a slight whistle like it’s turbocharged! Once it’s washed and cleaned out tomorrow I’ll add another you tube video explaining what I’ve done and how I did it. Should be around 10 minutes. I’m not much of a videographer so it’ll be a shitshow of a video!!! LOL

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the info! I read some stuff on them and it sounds interesting! It looks like all three of those can be gotten for about $50 a piece, that's not bad at all. That might just be my next upgrade once I get it back together!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah if you buy the cheap ones expect to buy several of them as they won’t necessarily last! A good air intake is around 250$!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hmm.... Maybe you aren't the best person to ask, but do you happen to know if a throttle body spacer would be worth it paired with the stock intake? I do have a K&N filter in it if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of course it would do something......but from what I’ve been told it’s pointless without the cold air and exhaust if u want full value of it. I’m just going from what I’ve read and what my guys told me to do to get more hp and torque. Hence y I bought aftermarket dual exhaust which should be arriving by next week. Stainless steel exhaust manifold would also be a plus I was told.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts