Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new old school air cleaner for the Kota. i have more plans for it, but i also may get a smaller one, 14 inches is cramped near the firewall, 9 would be much better

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Looks great, Jerry. I love the old school look.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great, Jerry. I love the old school look.:)
thanks Ev! same here!

That looks real good. Old school muscle all the way. Did you gain any extra power by doing that?
thanks, probably not. i took a cold air intake out to put that in. i need to get a cowl hood for it now!!

Looks nice and clean under that hood as well Jerry. It must sound a little better too. I like it.
thanks! not sure about the sound, it is different, but i dont know if its the filter or something else. once i upgrade my exhaust i probably wont hear the intake anymore LOL

·
Registered
115 Posts
is it just me or is that super clean lol...
time to get your cawl now.. im new here what other mods do you have done to it... maby port the TB when you do the exhaust and maby kegger mod

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it just me or is that super clean lol...
time to get your cawl now.. im new here what other mods do you have done to it... maby port the TB when you do the exhaust and maby kegger mod
thanks Jason! yeah would love to get a cowl hood, that was the plan! other things need to be done first though. i have an old flowmaster muffler that needs replacing along with all the piping and a new intake manifold is in the works. im also getting headers for it, not sure which ones yet

right now im concentrating on the suspension, need to get all the bushings replaced and the ball joints are more than likely shot as well as the shocks

·
Registered
115 Posts
you doing the balljoints yourself... save a ton of money... also what intake are you looking at, a M1? you could do the kegger mod until then and maby look into 1.7RR's and can polish up the TB yourself in like 1 hour... also ive actualy heard a lot of good about the Ebay headers other than the header bolts are crap the header itsself are great from the guys i know that have had them over at dak-dur.com... and are you going to do a full cat back system?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah was gonna get the M1 intake. didnt want to take the intake off twice (once for the kegger mod then again to replace it) so im just gonna leave it there till i get the M1

not sure if i wanted to do a new cam and lifters and all that, but i might, the plan was to start taking the truck to the strip every once and awhile, but i still drive it to work every day so its got to be sensible too

i was looking at pace setters. they are about 100 bucks more than the ebay ones but you never know. and i was gonna redo the whole system, new cats, new pipes (maybe even a true dual instead of the y-pipe), new flowmaster or spintech muffler(s)

·
Registered
115 Posts
you can do hartland sharp 1.7RR's the non adjustable or you can get the adjustable for if you ever decide to get a cam... just a simple bolt on take of the stock i belive 1.6s and bolt them on and it gives you just a little more duration i belive... and i think they are like $200

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Ok; I'll bite: what's the kegger mod? It sounds like something to do with the intake. I've seen it on the other forums, but never seen it explained.

The 1.7's sound interesting. Probably should wait until after headers and tuner.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
kegger is your intake manifold on think its the 3.9 and 5.9s dk bout 4.7s the 3.7 is plastic so no kegger...
its called a kegger due to its color and shape looking like half a keg lol... inside you have runners that run to your head and if you shorten them the air has less crap to go through to get into the combustion chamber heres a link

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84390&highlight=kegger+mod

and heres one for the 1.7s
dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52026
and a write up thats included in the above site
pavementsucks.com/tech-article-32.html

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
had to edit out the links to a couple of those sites, ramforumz is ok, but the others are considered competing forums (not sure about pavementsucks, but better to be safe than sorry)

yeah Ev, the half keg intake that is stock also had some kind of leak issue, but i cant remember what that is. if you look down through your TB you might see some residue in there. i think that mod helps with that also, but i'm not sure

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah Ev, the half keg intake that is stock also had some kind of leak issue, but i cant remember what that is. if you look down through your TB you might see some residue in there. i think that mod helps with that also, but i'm not sure

intake plenum gasket its got a iron plate on the bottom of the aluminum intake manifold that bolt together with a gasket between them... they have diffrent heat cycles and tear the hell out of the gasket causing the gasket to break

1 - 14 of 14 Posts