Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally purchased the Truck of My Dreams (or Nightmares) a '91 Dakota 5sp Base that has spent it's life in Pennsylvania rusting away....

I've learned that the phrase "I Bought it on E-Bay" is like saying..."I'm Stupid"

Don't get me wrong....I like the Truck...But for a truck that was advertised as "runs and drives" I haven't been able to do either yet...Bought it from a Kid that drove it down to Austin...So, I drive the 50+/- miles up to Austin to pick it up (Bumming a ride off of my Ex-Wife...It's OK, she is already convinced that I'm a Taco Short of the Combination Plate) I get the Keys, it does start...and runs (barely) for about 30 seconds....and then DIES (Electrical Problem) So I have to have it towed back home to my mechanic....They get it to start and run...(Rusted Wires in the Engine Wiring Harness+ some other electrical issues) but the "Bad Transmission" that wouldn't go into 5th/Reverse....Now is stuck in Reverse...

My Little "Money Pit" is a work in progress....Now, if anyone knows where I can pick up a A535 5speed for a reasonable price....(it would have to be the "scarcer than hens teeth" A535....I can find AX-15's all day long, just not with a 2.5 bell housing)

Lucky I still have a sense of humor :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us! I think we can all call our trucks "Money Pit"! LOL

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts