Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2001 dodge dakota sport club cab 2wd auto trans with the 3.9 v6 the truck is in what seems to be great shape and only has 84000 miles...this is my first truck and also my first dodge..i have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can answer them for me..

1. temp gauge is not not centered, its slightly closer to the cool side even after its warmed up, wondering if this is normal because all the other cars ive had have always been dead center.

2. after the truck is warm, the oil pressure gauge stays around the low side when stopped and moves to the center or a little past the center when driving, is this normal? again all other cars ive had have always been in the center and did not fluctuate at all when driving

3. theres a little rattling coming from one of the ac vents, don't know what could be causing that

4. there is some minor rattling (wouldn't call it a squeak) coming from the idler pulley

5. and finally, the check engine light came on 2 days after i bought it, throwing a p0442 code, i know its the evap system, i think it may be the gas cap because i didn't click it 3 times when i filled it up. I have tightened the gas cap and the light has remained on, any advice for this problem?

thanks everyone, im glad there is a forum like this with a bunch of experienced dakota owners to talk to and help troubleshoot these small issues, glad to be a part of this community!

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)
I can't help you but I hope you get some answers in your other thread. Being a holiday weekend many people have been out.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Germantown, Maryland!
Glad you decided to join us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts