Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am brand new to the truck world. Sadly to say I was huge into the import car world and then I finally woke up realized how much better the truck world is. Anyways I have a 98 dakota that is pretty much stock and I am looking for some advice on where to begin. I want a lot to my truck but dont know where to start and also the biggest factor is money. I was looking at doing a PA system because the seem fun and cheap. Any advice on anything would be awesome.

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

Glad to have you with us! I can't offer you any advice but I am sure others here will! I hope you enjoy the board!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Yes trucks are the way to go!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi BlueJet. I was looking at the thread show your mug and I noticed you were wearing a seahawks shirt. I am from seattle and I know the seahawks didnt make it in the playoff is the best way but they are there no the less. No mater what I have to root for my home team. Time to break another record and beat the Saints. Go HAWKS!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to DakotaForumZ, glad to have you join us! Any pics of your truck? Lots of mod potential there, what do you have in mind for it? I agree, the PA systems are fun, would love to have one in my truck, but I'd probably get in trouble lol, but look forward to talking to ya and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mods well I want to put some beefy tires on it but I dont know anything about tires on trucks. I am on the fence about lifting it because I have to go in a lot of parking garages and I am worried about clearance. I would like to put a brush guard and a light bar on it as well. I dont know there is so much I want to do. I just dont know where to start. Money is something I have to worry about so I cant just spend a lot. I do want to put some kind of system in my truck too maybe even a sub. Any ideas from anyone would be great.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
what model dakota do you have? and what do you mean by beefy? like offroad tires or just oversize tires?

on mine the standard was 255/55R17 but i have 275/50R17. these are called Plus 0 size tires, they dont throw off the speedometer and have a wider footprint

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Southern Georgia!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts