Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok let me start off with who I am and I am in Northeast Tennessee 20 miles from Bristol,Tn/VA

My name is Ron I am 45yrs old retired from the US Navy Seabees after 20yrs of Faithful and undieing service to my Navy and To my Country. I started out with Mopars when I learned to drive then drifted away to General's Monkeys junk for a short time then went to Found on roadside Dead for some 20+ yrs Then back to Mopar 3 yrs ago.

My first foray back into Mopar is a 1983 Dodge D100 2 wheel drive fleet side short bed that I now have up for sale because of lifes unfortunate changes I have this truck tore down for a restomod that I can't finish now as I lost my use of a garage it has sat in for 2 yrs now.

I have it on ebay under moparfatbot66 I AM NOT HERE JUST TO SELL THIS TRUCK !!!!! I'm gonna lay it out how it is I lost my job which leads to me losing the garage where this truck has sat for 2 yrs now.

I am sleeping on my Sis's couch for now until I can get things together to get another place of my own so Please do not kick a man in is teeth when he's already at the bottom of the pile Thank you greatly!!

I am here first of all to learn anything new about Dakotas mainly about 1987-1996 generation Dakotas

Now I have a 1992 Dakota reg cab short bed 2 wheel drive 3.9 Magnum A500 trans not sure about rear end gear yet haven't got that far as I've only had the truck for a week and in that time I've been busy unrigging previous owners rigging things so they work instead of fixing them right.

I know the truck has the exhaust modified and breathing through a Vortex welded muffler 1 in and 2 out tail pipes. Has a good sized factory external transmission cooler.

The truck was white with the most awfulest tan,brown whatever color interior and has been repainted in a half arsed blue that will at some point be repainted again in a Deep Jewell Green and interior will get changed out to a gray color.

I will have to pull the engine out and do oil pump and pick up just for good measure as the truck has 198,000 on the clock now and I'm sure I'll do some other things while I have the engine out as well.

Now that's my introduction to who I am and why I'm here

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!!

i was Navy from 85-97. Thanks for serving!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts