Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... im a proud new owner of a 1996 3.9l magnum v6 dakota. I picked this truck the other day with 36.000 original miles. clean truck. i had it tuned up, plugs , wires, cap, air filter, radiator flush. My question is ? Where is the fuel filter? the autoparts store guy said it didnt have one, its inside the fuel tank. Is this true?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issue with my Dakota! I turn ignition over and it doesnt wanna start rite away, just acts like it wants to. i turn ignition off and imediatly turn ignition on again and its starts right away. Fuel related? like filter?
the truck did sit for semi long periods of time because previous owner was an elderly man who did not drive often.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

My truck is a 99, so I'm not sure about your fuel filter question. If you don't get any helpful responses, send a PM to RamTech. The second issue sounds more like an electrical problem with the ignition switch to me.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! and i do believe the fuel filter is in the tank, but unless something is definitely wrong with it i wouldn't bother changing it, it should be good for a very long time, probably like 200k miles or so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts