Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, new to this site, but i do have a question, like everybody does, but here it goes, i have a 2000 dakota, 4.7, 4x4, and i want somemore power, im thinking around 350 hp, where do i go from here, this thing is bone stock, 167000, its not bad for get up and go, but im thinking there is quite a bit more, so where do we start?

thanks for the help

Doug

·
Aww Peg!
2,963 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! I know you can get cams for the 4.7 but I'm not sure how much HP they add. To get the jump you're talking it's going to take some serious money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well in that case, then how about tuners, headers, cold air intake, etc etc? Oh and by the way, love them new challengers too, wish i had the deniro to owe one, there is a dealer up the road with 6 hurst additions, i cry every time i go by there!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

I'm not sure about the 4.7's but I would assume it would respond favorably to a CAI, headers, and a tune. I'm running a K&N FIPK CAI, am in the midst of buying a SCT tuner, and shopping for shorty headers. I'll let you know how mine turns out. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have added headers, dual exhaust, cai tuner, still not up to 350, thinking 5.7 hemi transplant. welcome aboard!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts