Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my names Jesse and i dont have a dakota...yet.. lol, i drive a 93 Integra at the moment, but im looking into buying a dakota around 2000 year, and 4 door, 5 speed, but like with all cars\trucks out there they all are notorious for problems, my question is what are the 2000 dakotas known for? any little problems with easy fix? and what should I be looking for when buying one aswell?
What i plan on doing is lifting it a bit, bigger tires, saffari rack, and just a couple other things for bootin around on trails\offroading, nothing too extreme just lookin for a fun on\offroad truck for playing around with.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

My truck is a 99 and 2wd. If I had to do it again, I'd look more carefully at the mileage as it relates to suspension and steering since that is where most of my money has gone in repairs; I've replaced most of my steering and suspension components. Look for wet spots and coolant smells in the interior as these trucks have somewhat of a repuation for heater cores going bad and that is an expensive repair; I've had that done too. However, I love my truck and would buy again.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! i have a 2000 R/T and i'm having to put money in the suspension parts as well but i think that is due to the fact its first and only other owner drove it too hard and used a sport truck as a work truck

let us know if you need anything else! Glad to have you with us!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts